This week, we’re talking about a subject that is on a lot of minds right now – looking for work. As everyone tries to sort out the best way to respond to the economic uncertainty of the COVID crisis, many people who are great team members with valuable skills are finding themselves looking for a new team to join. We’ve been having lots of great conversations with people, talking through how to take next steps, and we thought it would be a good time to talk about it on the podcast.
In other news, we have also been talking with ABC Western Washington about ways to keep the Builder Chat peer group up to date and on everyone’s minds, and the conversation about live streaming came up. Since we’ve never done it, we thought it might be a good time to learn a new skill. If you’re interesting in seeing the video of this episode as we recorded it, you can check here. Watch for announcements for future live streams!
In this episode, we talk about:
• Step one of the job search process (it’s not your resume!)
• Writing a great resume (hint: it’s not about fonts!)
• Why you *really do* need a cover letter
• How to use metrics on your resume
• LinkedIn and your job search
• Prospecting to find the *right* new home
Podcast: Play in new window | Download