Recently, we had a great conversation on the podcast with our friend Jason Jones, and that conversation brought up a lot of really great information. After recording that episode, we found that we wanted to learn more about what a Chief Diversity Officer really does, and get some thoughts from someone who is really out there doing work in the field of Diversity and Inclusion in Construction. We put out the bat signal, and connected with Dan Lester, Director of Field Diversity, Inclusion and Culture at Clayco in St. Louis who had a lot to say on the subject.
We talk about:
• What does a CDO really do?
• Psychological Safety, and why it’s important – *both* to your team’s well being and your bottom line
• How to start integrating a more diverse team into your organization
• Why stories matter in the D&I conversation
• What do the people in power have to gain from working toward diversity objectives?
• During the podcast, Dan mentions a great website called Build Your Future with resources for people interested in starting careers in construction.
This was a really great conversation and Dan is a natural at podcasting! Check it out!