Knowledge is so important in the construction industry. Knowing the right way to build things, knowing the way the customer wants things built and being able to communicate that information across teams is the most important part of our work. As important as it is to know the right answer, it is even more important that we all make sure to ask the question when we don’t know.
This week, we’re talking about The Power of Stupid Questions. Here are a few highlights:
• The difference between jargon that has a precise meaning and terms that need further definition to make sense
• The risk of using our own personally specific or company specific terms
• Terminology that is specific to a particular task (like scheduling)
• Reasons why you should *always* ask the Stupid Question
• How to build a company culture that encourages Stupid Questions
Podcast: Play in new window | Download