Last night, Washington state announced a ‘Stay Home, Stay Healthy’ order, in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Today, everyone in the construction industry is scrambling to understand what it means to us and our work.
Today we cut an episode, talking about current assumptions about the interpretation of the order. Tonight, another announcement is expected that may change all the information in this episode. Welcome to the internet age, ladies and gentlemen! Still, there is plenty of information in this episode that is always good advice. We talk about:
- Stay Calm, Don’t Freak Out (why you should think carefully before making any serious decisions)
- We’re all in this together!
- The Remote Weekly Business Forum (a free peer forum for business leaders impacted by the COVID-19 / quarantine crisis)
- The importance (especially now) of tracking impacts, even if you do it simply
- The current interpretation of essential services in Washington State
- What to do if you have work that is exempt from Stay Home, Stay Healthy
- Some best practices for jobs that are running right now
- What to do regarding work that is NOT exempt from Stay Home, Stay Healthy
- If you have any N95 masks or other requested PPE, please consider donating to local hospitals – people who are taking care of patients in this crisis need all the protection they can get!