This week’s episode topic was a request from longtime listener and previous guest Jason Lange, who wanted to hear more about managing schedule on a construction project. As it turns out, we had a lot to say about schedule – so much, in fact, that we are covering schedule for two episodes.
This week, we’re talking about the steps to take, and the pitfalls to watch for at the beginning of the project, when you’re setting your schedule up. If you know us at all, you won’t be surprised to hear that our approach to schedule management relies heavily on the planning phase.
We talk about:
- Managing risk for items outside your control
- Getting valuable input from key subs and vendors
- Clauses in the contract that should be dealbreakers
- Why Procurement Planning is key to managing schedule
- Negotiating the terms so you have the leverage to control your risk
Podcast: Play in new window | Download