In the construction industry, it’s pretty common for companies to be busy all summer long. When the summer ends and the Seattle rainclouds come back out, a lot of our clients use that shift to start thinking about the coming year, so we’re talking this week about Planning.
Whether you bring your team together for a 3 day resort stay, or just huddle around the whiteboard for an afternoon, looking ahead at the coming months and spotting obstacles and creating goals is essential for staying on the road to wherever you’re trying to go! This week, we talk through all of the important bullet points for putting together your company’s planning session this year!
We talk about:
- Why Planning matters so much
- Whether your small business really needs to plan (spoiler alert, the answer is always yes!)
- Who to invite and who should be working in groups together
- Covering the past year, the current status and the coming year
- How to pick the right location for a planning retreat
- How to pick the right time to make the most of your efforts
- Why a Facilitator is a good idea
- How to keep everyone awake and moving forward
- The importance of the Action Plan after planning
Join us, while we talk all about Planning Sessions (an especially timely episode for us, as we recorded this episode on the morning of Arcade’s Planning Session!) Learn about the 5 Ws of Planning Ahead!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download