In Episode 16, we talked about a common subject of discussion for us – Conflict Management. We believe that the basis of almost every conflict is the issue of misaligned realities.
If Phase 0 of conflict management is the recognition that we’re working from misaligned realities, the goal then is to progress to phase 1, which involves working to align those perceptions by working together to build a shared reality, so we can resolve our issues using that shared reality as a framework.
This week, we go into detail about practical steps to get from “You don’t understand!” to “Let’s go get a cup of coffee.” We’ll cover:
- Where do misaligned realities come from
- How do we build a shared reality
- What do we do when we can’t agree on the facts
- How do we move forward, once the shared reality is built
- How to salvage the relationship at the end of the day
- Why we need to validate the way someone is feeling before we can move on to the case at hand
This week, we’re celebrating Dakota’s first week as a full time Wayfinder. Join us and learn how to tackle those difficult situations like a pro!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download